SPHERE accepts entries for the second edition of the Young Critics Program Workshops for youth. Interested candidates between 18 and 30 can apply for this program. This program consists of a workshop engaging critical thinkers from all around the world. It emphasizes the significance of diversity in the world of criticism across all media. Also, finding alternative ways to encounter mainstream critique culture. The duration of the Young Critics Program is 16 weeks.
Online workshops are designed to support and develop passionate individuals worldwide. It aims to provide them with a platform to encompass their professional journey. Participants will have panel discussions with guests of the festival (World Cinema Carnival). Moreover, they will participate in workshops with journalists, editors, art historians, publicists, and other industry experts. Participants will do the coverage of the current edition of the Carnival, writing reviews of selected films. They will also write articles about the sidebar events and interviews with various sections of the guests.
Furthermore, participants will get international exposure through this leadership fellowship program. It will open an international pathway for the next generation of curators and critics. They will get a chance to publish articles and unconventional critiques in a substitute manner regarding the festival program in the journal segment of the SPHERE. It will help them to polish their writing skills.
SPHERE intends to make this fellowship program fully integral to the festival by allowing them to participate in the daily curriculum delivery. Together, they will create a team hosted by the WCC festival Editorial/programming team next year. The young Critics Program will take place online. The deadline to apply for this program is 15 September 2022. The Young Critics Program will take place from 7 October 2022 to 26 February 2023.
Details about the Young Critics Program 2022
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- 7 October 2022 to 26 February 2023
Deadline: September 15, 2022
You Can Apply: Georg Forster Research Award in Germany 2022
Here are the eligibility criteria for Young Critics Program 2022-2023:
- Candidates from any part of the world can apply for this program.
- They must be 18-30 years old.
- This program is open to anyone, irrespective of their educational or professional experience in science, technology, art, design, social activism, politics, business, or everything else.
Following are the benefits of the Young Critics Program:
- Participants will get 15 Masterclasses from International Personalities.
- Three transdisciplinary Workshops.
- Furthermore, this program will provide individual assignments across disciplines and media.
- In addition, they will be involved in Collaboration and co-creation in teams guided and supported by the Director of Programming, facilitators, and mentors.
- Create 3 Manifesto on the world’s most challenging issues and contribute to the exciting manifestoes formed by the YCP alums.
- Press Accreditation of the World Cinema Carnival.
- They will also receive a certificate of participation.
- Moreover, they will get to do the work in the most challenging and unconventional way of criticism.
- Provision of letter of Recommendation, if required (within one year).
- Most importantly, there are no application or participation fees.
You can Apply: University of Leicester Scholarship in the UK
Application Process For Young Critics Program
- Follow the apply now link below to access the application form for the Young Critics Awards 2022-23.
- Candidates will provide personal information, including their background and interests.
- A Video (max 3 minutes) answering what makes you the ideal candidate for this program and how you align with the YCP 2023. A mobile phone video is acceptable.
Optional: you may add additional materials that reflect your passion and expertise (artwork and project, prototype, research, system, activity, strategy and business plan, link to websites, etc.).
- Ensure that the links you share in the form do not have an expiry date and have open access to them from your drive (if you are using GDrive/ Dropbox Links), as they will not be able to ask for access individually.
- Also, please note if selected, parts of your application (including resume, photos, or parts of your video) may be utilized and published.
- The deadline to apply for this program is 15 September 2022.
- The Young Critics Program will take place from 7 October 2022 to 26 February 2023.