The Mo Ibrahim Foundation funds at the University of Birmingham scholarship for the academic year 2022. Students pursuing an MSc in International Development are eligible for this fully-funded scholarship (governance and state-building).
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship is available for two years and includes full tuition funding for one year. Along with the degree, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation offers a one-year internship. Students will spend six months working with IDD on research projects, academics, and GSDRC. The final six months of the internship will be spent at the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship gives notable credits to the students of the following subjects
- International Development (20 credits)
- Development Policy and Politics (20 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits).
If students are enrolled in any one of the following courses, then the credit points will be as follows:
- Governance and State-building (20 credits)
- Democracy, Dictatorship and Development (20 credits)
- Optional modules (60 credits)
Here are more details about the University of Birmingham scholarship
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: African countries
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
Eligibility Criteria For University of Birmingham scholarship
Here are the eligibility criteria for the University of Birmingham scholarship
- The candidate must be a student of MSc in International development.
- Students from African countries can apply.
- Candidates applying must be a national of any African country or a resident.
- Candidates of Sub-Saharan Africa will be given preference.
- The candidate must hold a first-class honors degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- 6.5 IELTS band is required or 580/93 TOEFL score as English proficiency proof.
- Candidates must also be fluent in spoken English as well as writing.
You Can Apply: ACU Summer School in UK 2022 And How To Apply
Benefits Of University of Birmingham scholarship
Here are the benefits of the University of Birmingham scholarship 2022:
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation will cover full tuition fee for the MSc program.
- The airfare will be covered to and from the United Kingdom.
- Obtaining Visa costs will be covered.
- Candidates will receive a monthly stipend of £950 for their daily expenses. The stipend will be offered for 18 months.
- £950 will be given, when you arrive in the UK, as an allowance for covering the accommodation costs.
- For the last 6 months, candidates will be directly funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. These 6 months are for the internship at Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
- Updated CV/resume.
- Letter of interest (500 words).
- Academic Documents.
You Can Apply: Fully Funded United Kingdom Scholarships to Study in UK
How To Apply For University of Birmingham scholarship
- Candidates who are interested in applying for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship shall apply via the online application system of the University of Birmingham.
- After completing the application form, you will be requested to submit your updated CV, supporting documents and a statement of interest. Your statement of interest shall elaborate on why you deserve this scholarship.
- Applications must be submitted before the deadline i.e., March 31st, 2022.
- Once you submit the required documents, you must send your application ID number to the given email. ([email protected]) set subject as Mo Ibrahim Scholarship.