Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship in Turkey 2023
Turkey Diyanet Foundation Scholarship is now open for international students. Scholarship benefits include tuition fees, accommodation, travel expenses, monthly allowances, as well as health insurance.
About The Scholarship
The Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship Program is accepting applications for the academic year 2023-2024. The Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship Program is fully funded by the Diyanet Foundation and is available to foreigners wishing to study in Turkey. The scholarship is available for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs in Islamic Theology (Basic Islamic Sciences, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Islamic History, and the Arts). The Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship Program aims to contribute to Islamic education for Muslim communities, build cultural bridges between Turkey and related communities, and exchange experiences in the field of Islam and Islamic education. The Turkey Diyanet Foundation (TDV) is a non-profit organization established by the Presidency of Religious Affairs of Turkey, dedicated to promoting education, culture, and social services in Turkey and around the world.
Read also: Indonesian Government Scholarship 2023
- Scholarship Host Country: Turkey
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. Degree
- Funded By: Turkish Diyanet Foundation
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: February 28, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Turkey Diyanet Foundation
In order to apply for the Foundation Scholarships Program for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Does not hold Turkish citizenship or lose Turkish citizenship for any reason
- To be born no later than 01.01.2002
- The absence of any mental or physical health problems that may be an obstacle to studying in Turkey
- Have graduated from high school (equivalent to grade 12 in Turkey) with at least a good grade (70%) or be able to graduate in July 2023
- Not to stop studying for more than two years after high school
- They were not disciplined or convicted during their education in their country
- Students who were previously students of the Turkey Diyanet Foundation while studying at any level of education can apply if the Foundation has not terminated their scholarship.
- Those who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply to the TDF Islamic Studies Scholarship Program at the same level.
Masters and Ph.D. Degree
To apply for the International Masters\’s or Ph.D. Scholarship programs, candidates must:
- Not be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey, (International Theology Licensing Program graduates are excluded from this requirement. Such students are required to apply with a foreign identity card.)
- age limit:
- Has not reached the age of 30 since January 1 of the year in which the application is submitted, (born after 01.01.1993) for master’s students
- Has not reached the age of 35 since January 1 of the year in which the application is submitted, (born after 01.01.1988) obtained a Ph.D. the students
- Academic education has not been paused for more than two years between a bachelor\’s degree or graduation from a master\’s degree and admission to a graduate program
- Bachelor’s degree thesis, (if the university from which the student graduated offers a thesis program) – for master’s degree applicants
- Master\’s thesis – for applicants to a Ph.D
- Graduated from Theology, Islamic Studies, or a program of equivalent value, or be able to graduate by July 2023,
- Do not have any mental or physical health problems that would cause an obstacle to studying in Turkey,
- have not received any disciplinary sanctions or convictions during prior periods of education,
- Students who graduated abroad need an internationally recognized language certificate
- Foreign students who graduated in Turkey or who will be able to graduate by July 2023 are required to have reached a score of at least 50 in the YDS / YÖKDİL language exams organized by ÖSYM,
- Preferably, foreign students who graduated in Turkey or who will be able to graduate by July 2023 must have reached a score of at least 55 in the ALES exam organized by ÖSYM,
- It should preferably have published an internationally recognized edition.
- International Students
- School certificate
- Academic transcript
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- English language proficiency certificate
The Türkiye Diyanet Foundation Scholarship will provide the selected candidates with the following benefits:
- Tuition fees;
- The monthly allowance is determined by the Board at the beginning of each year;
- Health insurance;
- Round-trip airfare at the start and end of the program;
- Summer and winter camps.
- Library, indoor and outdoor sports facilities;
- Outdoor activities
Masters and Ph.D. Degree
- A monthly scholarship will be provided for 12 months a year,
- Students who request to remain in the dorms may be provided with accommodation support if their application is accepted. In this case, 30 percent of the grant support is deducted.
- Health insurance/medicare expenses will be covered,
- Tuition and accommodation fees will be covered,
- Transportation costs will be covered for students who come from abroad upon their first arrival and upon their return to their home countries after graduating from their program.
How to Apply for the Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship?
You can apply through the official link at the end of the article, through the following steps:
- Click on the official link, you will be directed to the official page of the fully funded scholarship.
- Fill out the data form, you must fill in all the data on the official website.
- After completing the information, click Submit.
- Make sure you get an email confirming your scholarship application.