Scholarships Merits is back with another excellent opportunity. Applications are open for the Royal Society University Research Fellowship 2023. This fully funded fellowship is offered for high-potential scientists in the initial stages of their research careers. It provides a chance to secure an independent research career in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
Moreover, this fellowship in the UK helps scientists to pursue advanced scientific research. Until now, the University Research Fellowship has been providing a five-year fellowship, with the option to apply for a three-year extension. From now-onwards, fellows will have a chance to submit a research proposal and costs for an eight-year international fellowship. Costs for six to eight years will be based on sufficient progress and the completion of a mid-fellowship checkpoint review at the start of the fourth year. Along with the change in fellowship duration, the award money has also been updated compared to earlier rounds. It is an opportunity for young researchers and scientists to pursue research in the UK.
You Can Apply: Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022-2023
Details about the Royal Society University Research Fellowship
Country: United Kingdom
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: September 6, 2022
- Earth sciences
- Environmental, physical sciences
- Chemistry and Engineering
- Pure and applied mathematics
- Computer science and communications
- Computer engineering
- Mathematical aspects of astronomy
- Physics, Gravitation, Theoretical physics
- Molecular and cellular biology, zoology, plant sciences, and physiology
- Biomedical Sciences
Following are the eligibility criteria for the Royal Society University Research Fellowship:
- Fellows must have three to eight years of research experience since their PhD by the deadline for the round.
- They do not have any permanent positions in major universities or non-profit research organizations (such as proleptic or rolling employment contracts).
- Furthermore, they shall not hold or hold an equivalent fellowship previously, providing a chance to establish an independent research group and, as a result, achieve an independent researcher status.
Benefits Royal Society University Research Fellowship
Royal Society University Research Fellowship provides the following benefits:
- Research Fellows’ salary: 80% of the basic salary costs up to £41,675 in the first year, indirect and estates costs.
- Royal Society University contributes £90,000 annually to research expenses.
- Research must be within the Royal Society’s natural sciences scope, including biomedical sciences and biological research, mathematics, chemistry, engineering, and physics.
- Science Foundation Ireland funds applicants from Ireland (ROI). They will need to read the eligibility requirements in the specified scheme notes.
You Can Apply: FMI Basel PhD Fellowship in Switzerland
Application Process For Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Submit your application following the instructions provided on the Making a grant application page.
- Then, one of their five research appointment panel will be in charge according to your research area.
- Check their official website to access the application form.
- The deadline for application submission is 6 September 2022.