The Rotary Peace Fellowship Program seeks to identify and support emerging peace and development leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to service in their communities and around the world. Each year, the Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 fellowships for certificate study at prestigious universities. This Fellowship programme provides academic training, hands-on experience, and global networking opportunities to peace and development professionals, allowing them to become effective peace builders.
The fully-funded fellowship programme will give young leaders the opportunity to participate in activities and dialogues aimed at promoting interfaith harmony, compassion, and tolerance as a means of combating violence and extremism. Through a global network, participants will be able to gain an understanding of human rights advocacy, international peace initiatives, social peace awareness, tolerance, and equality. Since the program’s inception in 2002, over 1,300 fellows from Rotary Peace Centers have been trained and are now serving in over 115 countries. They also hold positions of leadership in government, nongovernmental organisations, the military, education, law enforcement, and international organisations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2023-24 Details
- Fellowship Countries: USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand, Uganda
- Course Level: Master Degree and Short Certificate Program
- Sponsored by: Rotary Foundation International
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: 15th May 2022
Level of Program offered by Rotary Peace
- Master’s Degree Program:
Duration: 15 to 24 months
- Certificate Program:
Duration: One Year
Rotary Peace Centers For Masters Program
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- University of Bradford, Bradford, England
- International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Duke University
- the University of North Carolina, Durham & Chapel Hill, USA
Rotary Peace Centers for Certificate Program
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Benefits of Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2023-24
- Tuition fees
- Room and board
- Round-trip transportation
- All internship expenses
- Field-study expenses
- Health insurance
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
- If you are an active or former member of Rotary International you are not eligible for this program.
- You Should be Proficient in English
- You must possess a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and academic achievements or community service.
- You must demonstrate strong leadership potential.
- Worked in a Non-governmental organization.
The application deadline to apply for the Rotary Peace Fellowship 2023-2024 is 15th May 2022.
What are the steps to apply for the Rotary Fellowship 2023-24?
- Applicants must apply online for Rotary Peace Fellowship Program through the official website.
- Each candidate may choose between two centers for the master’s degree program and one for the certificate program.
- All applicants must submit applications before 15 May 2022.
Please provide the following materials in English with your Rotary Fellowship application;
- Academic and/or professional recommendations,
- Social impact plan (certificate only),
- and test scores (master’s only).