The Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded international student scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctoral studies, and it includes a living stipend (£15,144 per year), all University and College fees, and the University application fee.
You Can Apply: Fulbright Scholarship 2022 | Study in USA (Fully Funded)
Scholarship Coverage For Rhodes Scholarship
Rhodes Scholarship provide the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship
To qualify for Rhodes Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Citizenship and residency requirements: Each applicant must meet the Rhodes constituency’s citizenship and residency requirements. Check out the list of countries that are eligible here.
- Education: By October, all applicants must have completed an honours bachelor’s degree. In addition, academic standing must be high enough to gain admission to the University of Oxford, which has extremely competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a minimum GPA of 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age limits vary by constituency and range from a minimum of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. Most constituencies have an age limit of 24 or 25. Before applying, please carefully review the specific age requirements for your constituency. Following the selection process, successful candidates will arrive in Oxford in October. Normally, the Scholarship cannot be deferred.
- English is a required language.
You can Apply: Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada 2022 Checklist
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step procedure to apply for Rhodes Scholarship:
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Step by Step Application Process:
(1) You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
(2) You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by deadline.
(3) In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
(4) Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both events in person, as no changes to the date, time, or mode of these events can be made. Without an interview, no candidate will be chosen. The Rhodes Trust will cover travel expenses, including the round-trip cost of a First Class rail ticket but excluding hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from other countries is not covered.
(5) All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction. The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymized format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2021; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Procedure after Selection:
- Please note that successful applicants will need to apply to the University of Oxford very soon after selection. Full details will be given upon selection.
- The full application of successful candidates will be accessible to Rhodes House, Oxford, where the Scholarship references can be re-used, if appropriate, in support of the successful candidate’s subsequent application to the University of Oxford.
- Successful candidates will be encouraged to disclose, in confidence, any medical condition or special needs which may require academic or personal support in Oxford. This disclosure is entirely voluntary and is requested only to enable Rhodes House to provide suitable support in Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.