Scholarships Merits is here with the British Council IELTS Prize 2022. British council is accepting applications for the year 2022. It is awarded to passionate and highly-motivated individuals who want to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in 2023/24. Seven IELTS test takers from each country (listed below) will be awarded a £3,000 prize. They seek talented and career-motivated individuals who want to contribute to society with experience gained from undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s top English language test for study, migration, or work. Over three million people take IELTS every year. It asses test takers reading, writing, speaking, and listening abilities. Moreover, it is accepted by more than 11,000 employers, universities, schools, and immigration organizations worldwide. Anyone can take this test irrespective of age, gender, nationality, race, or religion.
Furthermore, IELTS Prize is an excellent opportunity for students who want to study abroad through IELTS. This prize required a minimum IELTS band score of 5.5 or over. The last date to apply for this prize is 30 September 2022.
Details about the British Council IELTS Prize 2022
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Following are the eligibility criteria for the British Council IELTS Prize 2022:
- Candidates must be 18 years or above.
- They must be residents of the (eligible) countries they are applying from (except candidates in Canada).
- Also, they have undertaken IELTS with British Council between 1 September 2021 and 15 September 2022 and can produce a valid IELTS score in the application.
- They have a minimum overall IELTS band score of 5.5 or above.
- Candidates are applying to an educational institution that requires IELTS as part of its admission process.
- Moreover, they will start their undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the academic year of 2023/24.
- Candidates can provide an acceptance letter from their university by 30 September 2023.
British council IELTS prize provides the following:
- Seven lucky candidates from each eligible country will receive a £3,000 prize.
Application Requirements for the British Council IELTS Prize
Applicants are required to complete the online application form along with the upload copies of:
- British Council IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent Passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving candidate’s residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Personal statement
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
You Can Apply: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023-24
Application Process For British Council IELTS Prize
- You can access the application form for IELTS Prize 2022 by visiting the link below.
- Register yourself if not registered already.
- Complete the application form with valid data and information.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents.
- A British Council staff panel will conduct the shortlisting and final selection.
- Shortlisting will be carried out based on personal statements. Therefore, carefully check the task completion criteria on the application form.
- You should also submit a personal statement describing; the reasons for applying for a particular course and how you expect your study experience to make a difference in your life and those around you. (Max. 500 words). For the Final Selection, shortlisted candidates have to prepare a presentation on the topic provided to them by British Council.
(Applicants with special requirements will be automatically shortlisted after they meet the eligibility criteria).
- The last date to apply for British Council IELTS Prize 2022 is 30 September 2022.