About Birkbeck University of London Scholarships
Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2022-2023 are partially funded international student scholarships. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and master’s degree programmes. This scholarship is worth up to £4000 in total.
Academics and researchers at Birkbeck collaborate through a variety of networks, groups, and societies. These span departments, subjects, and areas of expertise in order to encourage and facilitate innovative, interdisciplinary research.
For nearly 200 years, Birkbeck has assisted people in gaining access to higher education and transforming their lives. It has a long, unconventional, and radical history.
Read Also: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships (Fully Funded) UK 2022 And How To Apply
Birkbeck University of London Scholarships Details
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Birkbeck University of London
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: 1 year
- Deadline: First deadline: 31 May 2022. Second deadline: 15 July 2022 (1 August 2022 for Sub Saharan Africa only)
Courses Offered By Birkbeck University of London
- Accounting and Management
- Accounting and Management with Finance
- Accounting with Finance
- Ancient History and Archaeology
- Archaeology and Geography
- Arts and Media Management
- Bio medicine
- Business Psychology
- Community Development and Public Policy
- Contemporary History and Politics
- Creative Writing
- Creative Writing and English
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Culinary Industry Management
- Data Science and Computing
- Economic and Social Policy
- Economics and Business
- Economics and/with Mathematics
- Environmental Management
- Film and Media
- Finance with Accounting
- Financial Economics
- French Studies
- French Studies with International Experience
- Geography and International Development
- German with International Experience
Read Also: University of Winchester Scholarships 2022 in The UK
Scholarship Coverage For Birkbeck University of London Scholarships
Birkbeck International Scholarships offer below scholarship amounts to its recipients:
- £4000 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
- £2000 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
- £1500 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
- £1000 (tuition fee-only, first year only).
Note: General terms and conditions: Scholarships may not be held in conjunction with any other full scholarships (e.g. Chevening). You must complete payment of the £2000 non-refundable deposit within two weeks of being selected for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria Birkbeck University of London Scholarships
To qualify for Birkbeck International Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Africa (Sub-Saharan) Asia (Central Asia, South Asia, South East Asia and East Asia), the Caribbean, Latin America and the MENA (Middle East and North Africa).
- You are an international overseas tuition fee-paying student holding an unconditional offer on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught program offered by Birkbeck, starting in Autumn 2022. You must have been assessed as an international fee-payer to qualify.
- You are ordinarily resident of a country in the relevant region
- You are self-funded
- You are classified as an ‘International’ tuition fee payer.
- Only one scholarship award can be offered per student and the scholarship cannot normally be held in conjunction with any other scholarship.
Read Also: University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Award 2022 [Fully Funded]
How to Apply for Birkbeck International Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Birkbeck International Scholarships:
(1) Check the general entry requirements and apply to the university Click here.
(2) Once you have received an unconditional offer from Birkbeck, you can apply using the online application form for the region where you ordinarily reside.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Asia/Central Asia
- You must be a national of, and living in, one of the following territories: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in East Asia/South East Asia
- You must be a national of, and living in, one of the following territories: Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in the Middle East/North Africa
- You must be a national of, and living in, one of the following territories: Turkey, UAE, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Bahrain, Kuwait, Tunisia.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in North America
- You must be a national of, and living in, Canada or the United States.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Latin America/the Caribbean
- You must be a national of, and living in, any Latin America or Caribbean country with the exception of Brazil. If you are a Brazilian national you might be eligible for the Birkbeck Global Future Scholarship (see above).
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Sub Saharan Africa
- You must be a national of, and living in, one of the following territories: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, eSwatini, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(3) Successful scholars will be selected on the basis of a statement of no more than 4000 characters in support of the application. The statement should detail why they are the ideal candidate for the scholarship.
(4) If you are successfully awarded this scholarship, you will be notified by e-mail. You must complete a payment of a £200 non-refundable deposit within the timeframe stated on your award letter (typically five working days).
(5) You must successfully enroll for the Autumn 2022 intake to receive the award, and no later than 8 October 2022.
Read Also: University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship And How To Apply
First deadline: 31 May 2022. Second deadline: 15 July 2022 (1 August 2022 for Sub Saharan Africa only)