Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Ulam Program for International Students 2022-23 is open for International Students, Domestic Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Poland Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is 10 May 2022.
Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange is offering Ulam Program for international students. The aim of this scholarship is to increase the internationalization of Polish institutions of science and higher education. This program will recognize the promising scientists who hold at least a doctoral degree and allow them to visit Poland for 6 to 24 months in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects, and didactics.
This program will invite scientists regardless of their age, from all around the world working in all fields of science, including Polish citizens.
Degree Level For Academic Exchange Ulam Program
Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Ulam Program for International Students 2022-23 is available to undertake PhD level programs at Poland Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
You can Apply: Nokia Bell Labs Prize 2022 – Fully Funded
Scholarship Benefits For Academic Exchange Ulam Program
1. The calculation of the Scholarship shall take into account:
1) living allowance in the amount of PLN 10,000 monthly for each full month of stay of the Fellow at the Host institution. The length of the stay shall be specified in the application, giving the number of full months of the stay, the stay starting from the first day of the month. The amount of the living allowance of the Fellow may be increased if his/her spouse participates in the visit – by PLN 2,000 monthly, unless the spouse undertakes employment in the course of the Scholarship (which means employment both under a contract of employment and under a civil law agreement). This amount may also be increased if the Fellow is accompanied by underage children – by PLN 1,000 monthly for each underage child.
2) one-off mobility allowance in the amount of:
a) PLN 7,000 in the case of visits from European countries, if only the Fellow is participating in the visit and an additional PLN 2,000 for each person, if the scientist is accompanied by the spouse or underage children of the Fellow;
b) PLN 12,000 in the case of visits from non-European countries, if only the Fellow is participating in the visit and an additional PLN 5,000 for each person, if the scientist is accompanied by the spouse or underage children of the Fellow.
3) financing the costs of training – costs of learning Polish in the case of applicants who are not of Polish origin in the form of a one-off training allowance at maximum PLN 5,000. Polish language learning should take place in the institution with the NAWA Accreditation. The list of accredited entities is available on the webpage https://nawa.gov.pl/jezyk-polski/akredytacja-nawa. If in the Host institution, where the Fellow holder implements the Project, there is no accredited unit, the Polish language course should be conducted as part of university courses.
2. Financing of the visit of the family members shall be possible only if their stay lasts at least 3 months.
3. Insurance costs and cost of a visa, if required, shall be borne by the Fellow.
4. The Scholarship amount may be increased only if during the stay or before its commencement the Fellow will have a new child which will participate in the visit of the Fellow. Such situations will be considered by the Director individually, depending on the financial resources available.
5. If the Fellow has a certificate of severe or moderate disability, and is not accompanied by his/her spouse during the visit, but by a Personal assistant, the amounts referred to in 1(1) and (2) may be increased, under such conditions as if the spouse participated in the visit.
6. Pursuant to Article 21(1)(39a) of the Act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1387, as amended) Scholarships and other funds referred to in Article 18(2)(1) of the Act on NAWA are free from income tax.
The programme does not provide any financial resources for the institution (indirect money) or for any research (e.g. materials, reagents or conferences). Such costs should be covered from other sources.
Eligibility Criteria For Academic Exchange Ulam Program
The Programme can be attended by the natural person who:
1. jointly meets the following conditions:
1) is a scientist with at least a doctoral degree (should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply);
2) is employed at a foreign HEI or a foreign scientific/research centre or completed their previous employment contract after 31 August 2021. The employment is not required for persons who obtained their doctoral degree after 31 August 2021;
3) had not studied or worked in Poland within 3 years before the date of deadline of the call and did not live during this period in Poland continuously for more than three months (work in Poland is understood as employment under an employment contract in an entity based in the territory of the Republic of Poland or managing a research grant with an affiliation to the Polish scientific institution, if in this respect the salary was paid);
4) if the Applicant has implemented other NAWA projects, it is possible to apply when the scholarship has been settled and the agreement is considered as completed;
5) has minimum 3 achievements (from not earlier than 2017) out of the following:
a) a publication published in English, as the main author (especially first or correspondence), in journals included in one of the following international databases: Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index; or
b) a reviewed research monograph published in English; or
c) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference listed by the Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia (CORE), indexed in the international DBLP Computer Science Bibliography database; or
d) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference, indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection or Scopus database.
e) for the representatives of art studies – a proof of having made presentation of work of art in a foreign institution or an academic centre or having received a distinction in an international competition.
The Applicant can demonstrate 3 achievements under the same point (a, b, c, d or e), as well as 3 various achievements from among the indicated ones in point a-e.
6) has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
2. has at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, and has submitted together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, the application under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, which received the Seal of Excellence certificate, and has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
How To Apply For Academic Exchange Ulam Program